I have friends in the Gun Left, and even a few in the Gun Right, who firmly believe that they have to have a large collection of dangerous weapons so that when the Forces of Repression or the International Socialist Order come marching up to their doors to lock them up in concentration camps, they can fight back for their freedom. Like this, I guess.
Only: The dozen or so rifles in your closet won't do much good up against the US Army, if that's who you fear -- and if you fear the International Socialist Order, relax: You'll get free health care.
Of course, we all know that the only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, so: We need armed guards in every office building, and in every urologist's office, and on the streets of Chicago. Wait -- we already have cops in Chicago. And in Oakland. And still.
Most Commented On
- I love these armchair psychologists - June 18, 2013
- There's nothing fundamentally different about us - June 18, 2013
- White Genocide - June 18, 2013
- Tim could hypothecate his million dollar home and - June 18, 2013
- The MicroManager is dead. Long live the MicroManager. - June 18, 2013
- Redmond didn't want someone to micromanage - June 18, 2013
- Reachli - Amplifying your - June 18, 2013
- Interesting report. Though - June 18, 2013
- so, IOW, that "panel" was hopelessly biased towards - June 18, 2013
- JAW, corporations do not pay VAT - they pass it on. - June 18, 2013